Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

Card Holder of officer named, need help searching

Pi_Ro

Card Holder of officer named, need help searching Empty Card Holder of officer named, need help searching

Post by Pi_Ro Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:31 am

Hello, I am a French collector and a few years ago I acquired a cart holder that belonged to a Canadian officer. It has many markings, visible in the photos.
    His name was Peter Joseph Angwyn Tees, born December 21, 1922 in Vancouver, during the Second World War he had the rank of lieutenant, he was an artillery observer in the 14th Regiment of the Royal Canadian Artillery.

But his finest feats of arms took place during the Korean War, following which he became a captain and received the Distinguished Flying Cross with the grace of Queen Elizabeth II in 1953, becoming the first Canadian to receive it since 1918 and the last man of Commonweath.

But my research is on World War II, he enlisted in October 1942 and according to newspaper reports he was still training in April 1944 at the Brando Center in Manitoba before going overseas to Europe. And that's the only information I have about him during the World War Two.
    The inscriptions on the card holder, such as the landscape where his name and rank appear, seem to date from this period, as do the writings concerning the various points of the "Operation Order".

Several questions arise, hence the reason for my post:
    - Is it possible to find documents specifying when he joined Europe?
    - Is it possible to know which artillery battery he was in?
    - Is it possible to know where the drawn landscape is located with the position point?

Additionally, the cardholder has another name "Major S.D Cantlies" and can be identified?

Card Holder of officer named, need help searching 1_tees12
    Card Holder of officer named, need help searching Img_2029
    Card Holder of officer named, need help searching Img_2028
    Pi_Ro

Card Holder of officer named, need help searching Empty Re: Card Holder of officer named, need help searching

Post by Pi_Ro Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:32 am

Card Holder of officer named, need help searching Img_2032
    Card Holder of officer named, need help searching Img_2031
    Card Holder of officer named, need help searching Img_2030

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:42 pm